Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mary's Quilt

A couple of months ago, before Mary was born, I received an email from a blog reader, Erika, who makes quilts and runs an Etsy shop. She said that she makes quilts to sell and that she likes to give one away for every four she sells and she wanted to know if she could give one to Mary. It was such an unexpected kindness and I was THRILLED. We don't even know each other, except in the way that longtime blog readers "know" each other. But after our brief correspondence I think we could be friends. She asked what I liked and several weeks later a sweet little baby quilt arrived in my mailbox. And it was PERFECT. You may have noticed it in the background of many Mary pictures.

IMG_9354

Erika is not only a very talented maker of quilts, she is also an anthropologist who found this blog as part of an academic study on mom blogs. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

IMG_9391

So if you need a baby gift, or something for your nursery, consider checking out her shop. Because she's super nice and VERY talented and she totally gets my "girly but not TOO girly" vibe.

IMG_9644

I have been absolutely blown away by the kindness and generosity of my friends and family and even someone who lives far away that I've never met. It's overwhelming. And wonderful. Thank you Erika!

IMG_9747

3 comments:

Sarah said...

so cool! it's a gorgeous quilt :)

Brooke said...

Blog friends are the best. You included. That quilt is so lovely.

Rima said...

Hi Becca! I wanted to congratulate you (very, very belatedly) on the birth of your beautiful little Mary and to tell you that, now that Google Reader is no longer, I have no idea how to re-subscribe to your feed. But I will continue to check in on you as time allows. Sorry I've been AWOL. Your family is beautiful and your posts are hilarious, as always! -xo