Tuesday, July 23, 2013

This Kid....

IMG_8935

...He is awesome.

Yesterday he brought me a cup while I was outside on the porch watching James and Wes swim in the baby pool and said "Would you like milk or water?" When I said I wanted water he asked me "Ice or no ice?" Then brought me a glass of water. As he handed it to me he said "Now, can I get you your Kindle?" I told him thanks, but that I would rather talk to him and he snuggled into my side and rested his head on my chest.

Later we had "chapter book time" in the big bed, where we read our chapter books silently together and when he was ready to turn off the light and go to sleep he made sure to pass my Tums to me from my nightstand. When Ryan and I were downstairs thirty minutes after bedtime Charlie appeared at the top of the stairs AGAIN. I was momentarily frustrated, but then Ryan returned with my heating pad and a CD of Christmas music Charlie thought would make me feel better.

This morning we started our day snuggled in bed while he read Wes a chapter out of his Henry Huggins book. I had to tear him away to eat breakfast so we could get to camp on time, but secretly I wanted to let him read in bed as long as he wanted.

Love that kid.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So sweet!

Henry Huggins is a page turner around here, as is Otis Spofford. I love reading together (separately), and I can't wait until Jack is right there with us!

Candy on Endeavor said...

Aww, what a nice thoughtful boy! Hugs to all at your house. Good thoughts from us...

Brooke said...

Bookworms warm my heart. And I love that he thought to hand you your Tums. He will be such a help when baby sister arrives!

LL said...

Love this post! What a sweetheart.

Chiconky said...

Sweet boy! You guys are doing something right.