Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What is the reason for the appointment?

Some sarcastic answers I've considered providing when asked by the scheduler the reason I am making a sick appointment for my kid:

*His nose and eyes been running for two weeks and Tuesdays are kind of slow, so I figured what the hell?

*I'd like the children to contract the flu now so they don't have it on our vacation in March.

*I haven't spoken with an adult in two days.  How have you been?

*It's cold and raining and for our $15 copay we can watch movies in the waiting room as long as we want.  Way cheaper than the movies.  Also: wifi.

*I need an excuse to visit the Dunkin Donuts next door.

*One or more of the children have had a fever somewhere between warm to the touch and 103.5 recurrently for the last three to five days.  I cannot remember the details so I have chosen the sickest-looking child and will treat everyone according to the doctor's recommendations.

*I need blog material and locking myself in an eight by eight room with three small children never fails to stir up my creative juices.


*My older son needs five tongue depressors for a school project.

*Yes, please, I'd like one large with pepperoni and one veggie lovers for carryout...Oh, sorry, my mistake.

*There are fluids.  That is all you need to know.

5 comments:

SnarkyMommy said...

Bwahahahaha!

CP said...

This is so good! Love it!!

Sarah said...


*"One or more of the children have had a fever somewhere between warm to the touch and 103.5 recurrently for the last three to five days. I cannot remember the details so I have chosen the sickest-looking child and will treat everyone according to the doctor's recommendations."-- this one is my fave-- hahahahaha

Grandma P said...

Ever think of writing for Dave Letterman?

sarah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! i love you.