Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blurgh

So.  Now that the statute of limitations on complaint-blogging has ended for this current round of holidays I can tell you how I really feel about Christmas "Break".

.
.
.

THE CHILDREN ARE KILLING ME.

.
.
.

Wes has started blowing snot out of his nose as a means of protest.  He did it on Friday when I took them to the lake to feed ducks and drink hot chocolate (HOW DARE I?!).  He did it on Monday when I took them ice skating and then out for lunch (AM PRACTICALLY MRS. HANNEKIN).  It's disgusting.  And given the fact that all of us are currently dealing with or just getting over Charlie's disgusting cold, there is a lot of snot to go around.  So his coat looks like he went to a Gallagher show.  You're welcome.

Charlie?  Is now officially used to seven hours of school a day.  And by school I mean "intellectual stimulation, kids his own age, and PE."  Here?  He gets twelve hours a day of James-zilla screaming, hitting, pinching, and toy-throwing (welcome back, Age 2.  Can't say I've missed you) and Wes the snot-thrower.  This has led to some perfectly understandable frustration and also perfectly inappropriate screaming at his brothers and fight-picking.

Those idyllic moments of them playing nicely together that I said I would miss when Charlie started kindergarten?  Are never coming back, I'm afraid.  Now we have fighting, fighting, and more fighting.

Did I mention that James turned two recently?  The screaming!  The drama!  The food-throwing!  The biting!

Also: Wes taught him to climb out of his crib.  We are all so grateful that he will never nap again.

Saturday I got so sick of listening to them bicker and scream at each other I banished everyone upstairs, cranked up the music, and spent two hours angry cleaning our disgusting kitchen floor.  It looks fantastic.  And I felt marginally better.  But that was possible because Ryan was home to get James down for a nap (which was once as simple as dropping him in the crib and closing the door but now requires constant surveillance because once he gets out he will not sleep).

Tomorrow?  Ryan is going to work.  And I will be alone.  With the fighty brothers.  There will probably be no dinner.

6 comments:

Erica said...

It's such a relief to know that my sweet Ivy is going to skip age 2. And 3. I'm guessing she'll just wake up a...6? year old? In a couple of months.

Chiconky said...

I think if you mix booze with juice it counts as a daytime beverage. Good luck!

SnarkyMommy said...

The most wonderful time of the year. This is officially the reason we have started traveling during all school breaks -- at least in another location they're fighting in a new place we've never seen before.

Brooke said...

I laughed out loud about you being grateful James will never nap again. Winter break will be over soon...

sarah said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! The snot Gallagher comment made me throw up just a little bit. Classic gross kid problem.

I need to tap into this "angry cleaning" thing you've got going on. I think my house could shine like the top of the Chrysler building if I did that (I see you your Mrs Hannigan reference and raise you one direct quote from Annie).

sarah said...

HAHAHAHAH!!! The snot Gallagher comment made me throw up just a little bit. Classic gross kid problem.

I need to tap into this "angry cleaning" thing you've got going on. I think my house could shine like the top of the Chrysler building if I did that (I see you your Mrs Hannigan reference and raise you one direct quote from Annie).