Sunday, November 25, 2012

The first Thanksgiving. Not the one with Pilgrims, but the first of two that we celebrated this year

Goodness gracious you guys, our Thanksgiving was SO fun. Where do I begin?

With the Santa Train we ride every Thanksgiving after a delicious dinner at Ryan's parents' house?

(Ryan's family and my family are from different parts of the country. So, for those of you who may be from The North? Let me tell you: stuffing should contain cornbread and green beans should contain bacon and macaroni and cheese is a vegetable worthy of a spot at the table. YUM. And also, any drink with CO2 in it is Coke. Even Sprite.)

IMG_0085
IMG_0079

The spontaneous cousin football game in the back yard under an amazing double rainbow?

IMG_0055
That pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Contains a toddler with no pants on.

The Friday morning we visited friends who made us delicious pumpkin pancakes with real maple syrup and let our kids run wild all over their beautiful home/backyard/driveway?

The crazy-fun night-o-movies for the kids and their Nana and Pawpa while Ryan and I went to a friend's house and had some cuh-razy fun of our own?

IMG_0733

(Unsurprisingly, our crazy fun involved a nice red and staying up way too late. It was only six hours after we got home that Wes came into our room wearing a box on his head and chanting "I am an alien" in his robot voice before climbing onto my bed and falling on top of me. That kid is freaking hilarious. And it was just as well that we were awake because it was time for another amazing breakfast, this time at a hole in the wall Ryan's parents knew about. YUMM-O.)

Or do I start with the Thanksgiving II meal I made for my parents and sister's family? I will tell you more about that later so I can go tackle the grade-pocolypse that's calling to me from my bag in the foyer. But I will leave you with this:

IMG_0750

You're welcome.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Pie looks awesome! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving :)

Chiconky said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds awesome! Even the robotic wake-up call :)

rima said...

Looks wonderful, Becca! And I love the little pantsless leprechaun.

Kyla said...

Sounds like it was a good one!

I keep forgetting to tell you that I'm FB friends with Ryan's cousin Jennifer. Small world!

Candy said...

you are setting a wonderful example for the rest of us taking such a ladylike pair of pieces o' Pie and cream. Are you feeling alright?