Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Things I'd Like To Spend $2500 On

1. Two-ish house payments

2. Forty-five trips to Great Clips for Ryan and the kids

3. Twenty-five trips to Mama's Fancy Haircut Place for a fancy haircut (and pedicure, glass of wine, three hours spent reading magazines VACATION)

4. Five months of groceries

5. 700 of those fancy free range chocolate bars with the salt crystals

6. Extending our summer vacation by two weeks and using the extra to eat myself silly on lobster

7. Replacing Ryan's paintless and AC-less, but yet somehow still running, Dodge Neon

8. Living room furniture that has not been urinated on.

9. NEW CARPET FOR EVERYONE (SEE NUMBER SEVEN!)

10. Hiring The Potty Whisperer to come deal with whatever is going on with Wes

11. 1/4 OF A YEAR OF COLLEGE FOR ONE OF THE KIDS.

12. 500 trips to the batting cage for Ryan which is what it's going to take for him to calm down after the mechanic called him yesterday.

Things I do not like to spend $2500 on? Freeing my broke-ass extra-speshul princess minivan from the freaking shop where it experienced Ebola-like bleeding from every possible orifice problems after they fixed the first, $700 leak. Hy-per-ventilating.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Bummer!

I can also think of a billion more fun things to buy...

Peter Johns said...

Oh the board games I could purchase with that money!!!!

Brooke said...

Oh, so sorry. Car problems are the WORST.

Anonymous said...

Bummer! (Does anyone other than a wilted flower child say that?) Five months of groceries for five people? I'd like to borrow your shopping list!

Chiconky said...

Ack! That sucks!

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh! Sorry to hear about the expenses, but I hate to tell you....even at TTU, $2500 will only cover about 1/9 of a year's expenses now. Believe me, I know!!!
Rachel

Dr. Maureen said...

That is horrifying. So sorry!

Erica said...

Ugh, I play this incredibly unfun game all the time. Also, you are (or Ryan is) a much better grocery shopper than I am.

Stumbling Towards Perfect said...

Holy. Shit.
I am so sorry.

Kyla said...

AGH! It sucks to spend money on stuff like that. Chocolate or pee-less furniture seems like a better investment for sure.