Wednesday, September 5, 2012

PREEEEEESCHOOOOOOOL!!!!!

It seems like such a simple thing, vacuuming the bedrooms without someone falling down the stairs...

IMG_1026

...taking a shower without a $75 emergency room copay...

IMG_1029

...running into the coffee shop to order a breakfast taco and a cup of tea from an actual human, unencumbered by an armful of pissed off toddler.

IMG_1032

Any sort of wistful feelings I might have had about this moment were erased when James had a spectacular ten-minute screaming tantrum on the kitchen floor over not being allowed to bring his "bike" inside.

IMG_1036

Wes had a bit of a moment in the car when we got to school, insisting that Charlie is the one who goes to school, Charlie is the big boy! He is nervous about being there without him. Then I reminded him of his two best buds from last year, who are in his new class.

IMG_1040

And you can help look out for James! I told him. He was dubious, but ultimately got out of the car and put on his backpack so I didn't have to call an aide to come peel him off of me. Just kidding. Kind of.

IMG_1046

Everyone was happy when I walked out of there, hands free for the first time in MONTHS. Yes, fall is my favorite.

IMG_1041

8 comments:

Candy said...

catching up on my Academomia reading...glad to see the first week is going so well. Hugs all around! xoxox Candy

Sarah said...

James looks so cute in shoes :) I am so jealous. I am YEARS away from this. YEARS. YEARS. YEARS.

lonek8 said...

your boys are so cute. I will not be dropping my final kid off for preschool for another three years! crazy.

SnarkyMommy said...

This will be on Tuesday! Well, if there's not a teacher strike in Chicago.

Brooke said...

Cannot believe your baby James is wearing a backpack. Adorbs.

Kyla said...

ENJOY!!!

Rima said...

This year both my kids are in school full time. And I'm ecstatic. Thought the day would never come!

Erica said...

Ah, the thought of sending both kids away. Such a beautiful dream.