Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baby talk

James hasn't started really talking yet, besides "bye bye", "thanks", "no", and "papapapapa", but I know it's coming.  And since small children, like macaws, learn words that they hear frequently, I have a few guesses about what might be the first thing we hear out of his sweet little mouth.  They are as follows:

Charlie/Wes

CHARLIE/WES!!!!

Banana

Get in the car

Put on your shoes

Now

Come back to the table

Close the door, I'm pooping

Good morning!

You just had a snack

Buckle up

Get down

GET DOWN

No more snacks

Shoes! Now!

Poop/tinkle/bottom/pe*nis

Poop/tinkle/bottom/pe*nis-head

Where's the...

No screaming

Apologize

TV off

NO STAIRS

Mama's coffee

Get down

Get down

Get down

SHOES!!

CAR!!

BUCKLE!!

Not snack time

Animals belong outside

Mama's bag

No stove

HOT!!

I need privacy in the bathroom

Which one of you had a fever again?

No hitting

No kicking

Hold my hand

 Later

...And maybe if I'm lucky, "I love you".

IMG_4855

4 comments:

CP said...

Ha Ha! This is great and sounds very familiar :)

Somedays, I would give $50 to just be able to go to the bathroom alone, without interruption!

Kim said...

Hahahaha! Becca, you are too funny. I snortlaughed at the "Close the door..." one and it went downhill from there!

Jennifer said...

I realized this as well when we went into the bathroom at Target and the 2 year old said: "Don't touch a thing." Apparently that is what I had been saying to three kids every time we went into a public restroom.

Erica said...

With two girls, we don't get a lot of pen*s-head, but everything else sounds about right. Actually, in the process of typing this comment, I have said "hang on please" 54 times.