Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Bar Love

Last night I was all set to do my thirty minutes of professional work after the kids went to bed (like you guys suggested--a great idea), but then they didn't go to bed until well after eight, which is really late for us.  We came downstairs after the last one was tucked in and collapsed onto the couch for a little Hulu'ed Modern Family.  Ryan asked if I wanted to watch another show afterward, but I was very sleepy and still had to make pumpkin bars for my mom group in the morning.  I got all the ingredients out on the counter while Ryan flipped on the TV to find the Ranger's game.

Then I poked my head into the living room to ask Ryan something and found him watching Nova instead of the baseball game.  I sat down just for a minute to check it out.  It was about NASA's Cassini mission to search for life on other planets and it was SO COOL you guys!  We learned about the moons around Jupiter and Saturn and how the elliptical orbit can cause friction and heating within the core of the moon and create volcanoes IN SPACE.  AND how the environment on Europa isn't that different from the polar oceans on EARTH and there could be LIFE there, deep in those oceans.  It was amazing.  I heart Nova.

I did, however, fall asleep right around the time they started talking about Enceladus, one of Saturn's moons, and forgot all about my pumpkin bars.

When I woke up I was covered with a blanket and Ryan was in the kitchen making them for me.

It's going to be hard to save the last two for him, but I will.  Or maybe I'll just make a second batch.

They're pretty delicious.  And also very easy.  Make them for someone you love today!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Aaaahhh!! I'm so disappointed I missed that episode! I have heard all day long how good it was.

So nice of Ryan to make the pumpkin bars for you. He's a keeper ;)

Sarah said...

Very cute! That's why I can't work t night-- I work my butt off all day for the house/kids/fam, and I really just want to collapse on the couch at the end of the day.

Kyla said...

Aww, he's a good man.