Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sorry, Texas

It's been seventy-eight degrees every day since we got here and people are starting to complain about the "heat wave". Here's what my kids think of your "heat wave", Maine:

IMG_0965

I'm going to ask Ryan to send me the rest of my clothes and my pillow so I never have to leave. And maybe one of those huge things of chili powder from our grocery store. You can't find those here.

The kids did some crabbing yesterday.

DSCI0866

IMG_0938

Then we made them eat ice cream.

Chocolate Ice Cream

And sit through a lecture on lobster fishing.

DSCI0872

We caught a BIG one.

Too big, throw 'im back

James makes an excellent beach-sitting partner (who eats sand by the chubby little fistful if you don't watch out).

James-y

Yes, I'm breaking up with you, Texas. I just hope Ryan enjoys boatbuilding or lobstering.

The Crab Hunt

3 comments:

WhitMc said...

I am so jealous of you right now! That looks lovely.

Sarah said...

sounds pretty much perfect.

Kyla said...

Oh, that weather sounds superb!