Monday, May 30, 2011

Don't Tell Pediatrician Man...

But somebody LOVES pears!

IMG_0799

I thought he might like to taste the pear I was eating at the fancy grocery store downtown where we had lunch, but as soon as I got it within an inch of his mouth he latched onto it and began sucking as though he hadn't been fed in days (which, look at those cheeks, clearly access to food is not an issue).

Then I was all, "Haha, Baby James likes my pear!" and took it away so I could finish it and that was NOT ACCEPTABLE. Just ask the other people enjoying their lunch on the patio or the flock of birds that was startled into flight by the sharp wail he let out as I tried to reclaim my lunch.

So we shared it. He got the juice and I got everything that was left. I don't blame him. It was a delicious, juicy, perfectly ripe pear. And I have similar feelings for pico de gallo.

IMG_0797

9 comments:

Chiconky said...

Sydney did the same thing with a persimmon when she was about four months old! Seriously, strangers commented on the joy she was taking from that food. And she still screams bloody murder if you try to take food away from her. I love that picture of James, but the picture of you in front of the pico is priceless!

Kyla said...

I wish EITHER of my kids would eat a fruit with such gusto! Way to go, James!

Sarah said...

Love your blog redesign.

We have had the most freakishly delicious pears lately-- I don't even usually care one way or anther about pears, and these are so good I cannot stop!

Amy said...

MMMMM pears. When Jack was about a year old, a friend sent us a Harry and David's gift pack with some organic pears that were the softest, sweetest pears I have ever tasted. I wanted to order them for us agauin and they were so insanely expensive, I could have paid my mortgage or kept us in delicious pears.

LOVE the new design! Did that in your spare time, did ya?

Another Sewing Scientist said...

I love the new design too!

What's wrong with giving a baby a pear to suck on? I thought soft fruit was a good first baby food (?)

Kim said...

James has good taste, and it sounds like he knows how to stand up for himself!! Love the new header and design!

Phoenix Rising said...

I'm loving the blog redesign! And I also love pico de gallo, too!

Rima said...

Oh, my gosh. I love that photo of James And the Giant Pear SO Much! He is just so gosh-darn-diggity CUTE!

Leslie said...

pear juice was Simon's first 'solid,' administered during a bout of constipation at the doctor's suggestion. It was a little before his 4 month checkup, but after 4 months they said we could start solids any time. So, you should be good to go, no?

We seem to have a fruit fiend on our hands as well- I think he ate his body weight in fruit on our trip this weekend.