Friday, March 25, 2011

Today we learned about mixtures and solutions!

Isn't it sweet when brothers start to play together?

IMG_0446

Some day they'll look back and reminisce about those simple times when all they needed to have fun was a baby pool, a hose, and twenty-five dollars worth of organic potting soil.

And yes, Charlie IS swimming fully clothed.

IMG_0448

Check it! Wes is swimming in hot chocolate!

IMG_0438

And then they had a mud fight and tears were shed. Muddy fun-time over.

IMG_0452

The aftermath (does not do justice to the amount of mud on my kitchen floor)...

IMG_0454

All this while I chatted with A on the phone. About how bad I wished we had a full bathroom on the ground floor. With a door to the back yard.

Don't worry, James, you'll be in the middle of all that next summer.

IMG_0445

9 comments:

lonek8 said...

aaaand, some of my guilt over never doing any gardening has just magically disappeared. thanks!

Sarah said...

James looks delicious.

You have the patience of a saint. I would freak.

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh, those chubby legs!! Cutie pie :) It's hard to imagine he'll be joining in the "fun" next year.

Kim said...

I LOVE James's thighs -- so cute!! :)

You do have the patience of a saint. I would have hosed down the big boys on the patio before letting them inside. :)

Maureen said...

Oh my goodness, those baby legs! I had no idea what you've been hiding from us. I want to squish them.

Kyla said...

Yay! Springtime! The messiest time of year.

Amy said...

My first thought when I saw James lying there was, "OMG what if a scorpion came????" Too much Texas info recently, methinks!

Marianne said...

Oh for Pete's sake... Your kids are insanely cute. INSANELY.

Love this post.

sarah said...

that looks like so much fun!!! I adore a good messy mess. Ethan has helped me be comfortable with my inner mud-pie maker.

James is beyond belief adorable. All of your boys are! Love that muddy pic of Wes. LOVE.