Monday, March 14, 2011

The Sounds of Daylight Stupid Time

Go put on your jammies.

WAAAAAAH.

I don't know, maybe he needs an extra bottle. Charlie, go put on your jammies.

WAAAAAAH. WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOFWOOFWOOFWOOF. WAAAAHWAAHWAAH.

No bed, Mama! No bed, Mama! No bed, Mama! NOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAH!

Can you please make him an extra bottle while I--PUT ON YOUR JAMMIES RIGHT NOW.

MAAAMAAA! WAN GO DOWNSTAAAAIIIIIIRRRRSSSSS WAAAAAAH!

WOOF WOOF.

Holy hell.

Charlie! JAMMIES.

Where are my pullups?

WAAAAH! WOOF WOOF WOOF! MAMA! WHERE ARE MY PULLUPS?!

MAAAMAAA! WAN GO DOWNSTAAAAIIIIIIRRRRSSSSS WAAAAAAH!

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.

(Ryan singing and bouncing) Blackbird singing in the dead of night... Bottle's in the warmer getting warm... All my life..."

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.

WAN GO DOWNSTAIRS!!

Wes if you don't get in your bed and stop screaming this second there will be NO Curious George for you tomorrow!

GEEEOOOOORGEEEE! No Mama, no Mama, no Mama (sobbed into my shoulder). Charlie, go put on your jammies!

BUT WHERE ARE MY PULLUPS?

"...you were always waiting for your bottle to arrive..."

WAH WAH WAH WAH

WOOF WOOF WOOF.

Here's a pullup, now put your jammies on before I have an aneurysm.

In the great green room there was a telephone...

NO WAN BOOKS, WAN DOWNSTAIRS! WAAHHHH!

And a red balloon, and a picture of the cow jumping over the--sit down and listen, please---moon. And there were three little bears, sitting--Charlie go back to your room and put on your jammies right now, please.

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.

Blaaaaaackbird, fly! (bounce bounce bounce) Blaaaaaackbird, fly!

WOOF WOOF WOOF.

Goodnight noises everywhere! OK, nighty night! Love you! Big day tomorrow! Get some sleep!

NO WAN SLEEP, WAN DOWNSTAIRS! WAAAAAAHHHHH!

OK Charlie, come over here and let me help you with your jammies.

10 comments:

Alyssa said...

ROFL!! Love it. I hope you had a glass of wine after that.

Katie said...

Pretty much our house tonight, too! I had to threaten with my mean mommy voice (growl) to make Will stay in bed. I purposely let Ellie skip nap in hopes that she'd be tired enough tonight to not make me pull my hair out. Didn't really work out like I planned.

BTW, the word verification this time is "cries". How appropriate!

Erin said...

Yup. Yup. Cy did three renditions of "La La La La Elmo's Song!" before yelling from his crib: "Ooohhh Toodles!!!! Toodles!!!!!!" like the freakish animated character was going to appear and liberate him. I think we made the right call when we decided to delay putting him in his big boy bed for the first time for a week or two!

Amy said...

I can't tell you how many times I have read Goodnight Moon with very similar interruptions...

Chiconky said...

This one's even funnier than Mission NOT Accomplished! And a check box solidly in the "I am not mature or patient enough for three" You are a freaking rock star!

Kyla said...

Hahaha! Gosh, this makes me glad my kids are big. We just say "Reading time!" and they go upstairs and lay down with their book of choice, we plug K in for her feed, and that's about it. It will happen for you one day, too.

Phoenix Rising said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! No, seriously, I'm laughing *with* you. What? - You're not laughing? Oh. I wasn't at my house either. Stupid Daylight Savings Time.... Not saving anything over here in *this* house.

Rima said...

So, even though my kids are a couple years ahead of you, this still totally sounds like my house. Uh, minus the newborn. And the dog. But it's fun times, right?

Sarah said...

Daylight Savings TIme sucks so hard. Jack is still really confused about how we can call it dinner when it's light outside-- he thinks we must be eating 2 lunches.

sarah said...

haha!!! You've still got your sense of humor. And that makes all the difference, right? :-)