Sunday, January 23, 2011

Still here!

I promise I'm still here.

I'm just caught up in the endless cycle of feeding James and feeding the family and the laundry (OH the laundry) and sweeping the kitchen floor (because Rossby is staying with my parents for a little while and not eating the endless crumbs the kids leave behind and I would just leave them there but it drives me crazy when my bare feet are covered in crumbs) and my class is more work than I ever thought it would be (did you know that if you assign homework, you then have to GRADE it?).

Do you ever feel like your life is a montage in a movie and they mark the passage of time by showing you unloading the dishwasher? It's like dishwasher-kid school-my school-grocery store-get the kids-feed the baby-break up a fight-start the dinner-feed the baby-PING!--unload the dishwasher-repeat! all set to the tune of "Nine to Five" by Dolly Parton.

But it's all good and we are enjoying each other so much.

This guy is one month old.

IMG_0199

In true third-child fashion, the milestone was marked by me belatedly noticing the date and thinking "Huh, it's been a month and my nipples are just now starting to feel a little bit better."

The boys are doing great and love to sing him loud, terrifying lullabies, rock him violently in the carrier, and softly nuzzle his cheeks with their lovies as they coo "Aren't you cute!" softly in his ear.

Now back to writing Thursday's lecture about glaciers!

8 comments:

sarah said...

He's a MONTH old already?!!! Jeez!

Glaciers, huh? at least you're past the rock discussions, though, right?!

Pete the Brit said...

I now know more than I ever needed to about nursing nipple pain :)

Kyla said...

Wow, a month!

And yes, I feel my life is some variation of that, too! Except it is more like "plug KayTar in for feed" instead of nursing the baby...but pretty similar. Oh, and Josh does the dishes...so sub that for laundry. ;)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh-- he is the cutest thing EVER! (I just had the funniest convo with a professor friend of mine about how he inadvertently flipped off his whole lecture with an unfortunate gesture he made to explain how sediment is deposited)

AJU5's Mom said...

I can't believe he is a month old already! Hopefully before too long you can find a rhythm that allows for some more down-time. But, of course the first time you teach a class is always the hardest!

Marianne said...

He's so beautiful, Becca!

So, they do start to feel better?

Rima said...

He is so, so cute.

Busy is good, right?

Amy said...

It'll get much better in about two months. I promise.

Also, MORE BABY PICTURES! (And happy one month!)