Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I liked it!

On my first day of real work I got up before everyone else, had my cereal, started the coffee, made the kids' lunches, checked my email, and packed up the breast pump. Then got back into bed to feed James until it was almost time to go while Ryan dressed Wes and gave him breakfast. Charlie woke up an hour later than normal, miserable with a cold. The babysitter arrived and settled in for some PBS Kids with James and Charlie, cozy with pillows and quilts and loveys. Wes and I got into the van with my coffee and bagel, Ryan left for work, I took Wes to school. I went to my school, assembled the breast pump, made a curtain out of Post-it Notes for my office window, pumped James's mid-morning snack bottle, went over my lecture, sneaked across the hall to the bathroom to wash the pump, taught my class (forty mins!), returned some emails, ran to the grocery store, picked up Charlie and James at home (Charlie loves the babysitter, yay!), picked up Wes (I made pudding at school, Mama!), chatted with friends, let the boys run around a little, went home, curled up with Charlie on the couch during the little boys' nap, made cupcakes, fed James, colored with the kids, let my mom cook dinner for me, then fell asleep in bed with James in my arms while Ryan put the big kids to bed.

It was a great day.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds awesome!

Amy said...

You did it!

Rima said...

You are superwoman, woman!

Chiconky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chiconky said...

You're a rock star!

LL said...

This made me happy and I'm so glad :)

Mrs. N said...

You go girl. You are getting it DONE!

Kyla said...

I'm so glad it went well!!