Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh dear

Charlie was milling around the downstairs today during Wes's nap, not doing anything in particular, when he started to ask me for some oddly specific items. First he brought the toilet paper out of the bathroom and said "I need this tube." So I found him an empty toilet paper tube. Then it was "I need a piece of white paper and no crayons." Interesting. Then he wanted a glass of water. I started to get him a plastic cup and he corrected me. "No, I want a GLASS of water. In a glass cup!" So I got him a GLASS of water.

By now I was getting curious, so I followed him. He led me to the kitchen table where he had set up this refraction experiment all by himself. "I want to make a rainbow," he explained.

IMG_3645

He said he'd seen it done on Curious George. Unfortunately, the LED flashlight we had didn't work as well as an incandescent would have, so we tried to find Ryan's Mag Light with no luck.

If this is where he is at four I may need to rethink some of my "first science fair" ideas.

10 comments:

sarah said...

holy smart kid, batman!! He's awesome!!

Chiconky said...

That's awesome! I love how specific he was. Was he excited with the results too?

Sarah said...

what totally cracks me up about this is that you reacted to him EXACTLY how the Man in the Yellow Hat reacts to George!

Alyssa said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am glowing with pride right now!!!!!
-gm

Hanah said...

That is completely awesome.

Rima said...

A scientist in the making!

Paula said...

Wow - no doubt about it, he's your son!

Kyla said...

It is genetic!

AJU5's Mom said...

Yay Charlie! I hope my kids are interested in science like that (and other subjects). It will make homeschooling so much easier.