Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NoNoCompMo

I'm so proud of all my friends who have written 50,000 word novels this month as part of NaNoWriMo. And while I didn't even set myself to that kind of challenge this year, I do have a few accomplishments I'm proud of this month that I would like to share with you now.

1. I managed to not miss one afternoon nap, thanks to the PBS Kids afternoon line-up and a handful of DVDs from the library. Bonus: Charlie learned to operate the DVD player, which is on a shelf above the TV, about five feet off the ground. Those kids sure are resourceful.

2. I have let my poor, hardworking husband get up with the kids every single morning this month (I think. I may have slipped a couple of times during the really intense wall-building times), if only to allow myself an extra fifteen minutes to heft myself out of bed without the chorus of "Mama mama mama mama mama!"

3. Against doctor's orders I have picked up and held both of my enormous children when they've needed it, pretty much every day in November. I figure every one of those booboos and perceived injustices is good for at least an eighth of a centimeter of dilation, amIright?

4. I didn't go one day in November without complaining about part of my body hurting.

5. I have thought really hard about finishing up slash starting the three papers summarizing my dissertation work every single day this month. Not surprisingly, I have not followed through.

6. Ditto the NSF proposal.

7. I have wondered every day this month whether I'm doing the right thing by teaching next semester.

7a. I have thought "I should really get around to applying for some full-time jobs" around four o'clock every day.

8. I ate at least 6000 calories every day in the month of November. I couldn't have done it without you, Starbucks drive-through and Ryan, who made three delicious Thanksgiving pies this year.

I'd say all-in-all it's been a very productive month. And that I am an absolute joy to live with, clearly. Now, I've got some very important procrastinating and complaining to do. And eating. Let's not forget the pumpkin pie calling my name in the fridge.

5 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

Sounds like a great month!
Congratulations on the accomplishments ;)

Kim said...

So funny Becca!! I can't wait to read about your December though!

brooke said...

I cannot even express how much I love this. Good for you and your "Already Did" List.

Kyla said...

You are my kind of people.

sarah said...

Haha!!! I love this post!!