Sunday, November 28, 2010

Moving Day

Yesterday I took the kids out for breakfast tacos and a holiday parade and lunch just to get them out of the house so Ryan could FINISH the WALL. When we came back it was ready for moving in. Charlie was beside himself. There was jumping and shrieking. And then he sat on his bed and directed us where to hang all of his flags and pictures.

Our former junk storage/baby changing/ironing area...

IMG_2419

...has come a long, LONG way.

Charlie's New Room!

Here's part of the actual wall, constructed by Ryan, my husband who BUILDS FREAKING WALLS. He's so cool.

Charlie's New Room!

Charlie is so proud. This morning I was haranguing him about coming downstairs and putting on his shoes because we were late for church and when I went upstairs to see what was keeping him I found him painstakingly making his bed because he wanted his "new room to look beautiful." That kid kills me.

Ryan is also very proud--as he should be. He did a beautiful job and it matches perfectly with the existing walls. Expect to be dragged upstairs to admire it yourself if you visit us anytime in the next year.

Charlie's old room now features a crib (now with clean sheets!), a changing table, and a bag of the teeniest little diapers I've ever seen.

5 comments:

LL said...

OMG that looks AMAZING!! Your husband is awesome, and I can't explain it, but somehow this wall building has also made him hotter. Just saying... now I want my hubby to build something. Maybe he could handle a small birdhouse?

sarah said...

Wow, Becca!!! Kudos to Ryan, that room looks fantastic!! Charlie must be over the moon! Love it!

Alyssa said...

Wow! Nice job, Ryan!!

brooke said...

Looks amazing! Congrats on the new room AND on scoring a handy husband!

Kyla said...

Wow! Well done, Ryan!