Saturday, March 6, 2010

I wanted to look like an adult, not an adult film star

Yesterday I had a few extra minutes before my office hours, so I ran into Sephora on the way to school to get some lip gloss and blush so I could look like an adult for our big fancy anniversary date that night. A lady in a hot pink wig directed me to a kiosk of various types of makeup, including about fourteen different items falling into the lip gloss category. I was in a hurry, so didn't pay very close attention to what I was doing when I grabbed a couple of things that looked good, paid, and left.

In the car I flipped down my visor and tried out my new lip whatever-it-was.

And it was DARK PINK HOOKER LIPSTICK.

OMG. I have office hours in TEN MINUTES.

I frantically dug around in the back seat for a wipe, a napkin, or something, ANYTHING, to get it off. Found a crusty Starbuck's napkin under Charlie's car seat, spit all over it, and wiped the heck out of my mouth to get it off. Most of it came off. MOST of it. And my lips were extra red from all the rubbing.

And then after class I thought, "maybe I just didn't do it right. Now that I have more time, I'll give it another try." You can probably imagine how that went.

I'm sticking with my Burt's chapstick from now on.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

First of all, you must tell me the brand b/c nothing I have has such staying power. It's like one piece of gum, a couple words of casual conversation and bam! that's all the remover I need.

Second, I don't think you should wear make up b/c you have a great natural look going on. Rock the Burt's!!

Third, if you really want make up (which? you do not need b/c you look fabulous without it) kill a Saturday afternoon at a makeup counter getting made up, write down the products/get samples, and then go to Target and recreate the look :) Oh! And this is not unethical-- I used to be a make up counter lady, and I was always just happy to have someone's make up to do to pass the time at work. I never cared if they actually bought products.

Caroline said...

That is hysterical!

sarah said...

oh no! I hate when I do that!! I love your title. So funny!

Kyla said...

LOL!!! Burt's Bees sounds like a good plan.