Monday, December 14, 2009

So, how is potty training going?

From Thursday-Sunday kid laundry:



On the other hand, I have divised a clever index which can be used to track potty training progress scientifically. It is a simple ratio of the number of shirts in a load of laundry to the number of pants. When a child is fully potty trained the index would be 1.0. When your child is just beginning to learn the index would be much lower, maybe 0.25. When you have been wearing undies since May and you just wake up one day and decide you don't want to use the potty anymore the index (our current index) is more like 2.5*10-16.

Banging my head against the wall over here.

6 comments:

Dr. Maureen said...

Dude, I feel your pain. Oh, do I. Did you read Arwen's post about potty-training? It's full of commenters who say things like, "My kid potty-trained herself at 12 weeks, and it only took her 45 minutes!" So, you know, don't go read it. :)

Hey! Jack is singing the potty song right this second, the one that the potty sings when he pees in it. Coincidence!

Sarah said...

I wish I had that many pairs of elastic waist pants.

Sorry you're having a tough time. 3 is awesome, no?

Rima said...

You know your mother is a scientist when . . .

AJU5's Mom said...

That is the thing I am looking forward to least about potty training - all of the accidents. Hopefully Charlie will get with the program soon!

Kim said...

I love this index! I would have no idea how to compute it for my house since recently "we" have started "needing" to change our shirt more than twice a day just because we don't like the one being worn currently...

Thank goodness for efficient washing machines?

Kyla said...

KayTar is now potty trained, but we still have a pretty low index around here some weeks. Chronic constipation makes for a irregular laundry load. LOL.