Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Ballad of Three

Three (To the tune of "Cecilia" by Simon and Garfunkel)

Three-ee-ee
You're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh Three-ee-ee
I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to calm down
(Calm on down!)

Took you out to buy you shoes
At the consignment store
Over by the mall (by the mall!)
Light up shoes, your happy face
Then you kicked me so hard at the pizza place

Three-ee-ee
You're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh Three-ee-ee
I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to calm down
(Calm on down!)

Baking bread in the morning sun
With tha-ree-ee-ee
During Wes naptime (Wes naptime!)
I ask Three to go potty
When I turn to repeat what I said
A remote control it is flying at my head

Three-ee-ee
You're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh Three-ee-ee
I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to calm down
(Calm on down!)

Want to play with my brother,
In the playroom
With my trucks and cars (trucks and cars!)
If you touch my special car
For the rest of your life you'll be dealing with scars

Three-ee-ee
You're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh Three-ee-ee
I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to calm down
(Calm on down!)

Thoughtful, kind, and so loving
or obnoxious
Mean and vi-o-lent
Never know which kid you'll see
When you're manic-depressive because you are Three

Three-ee-ee
You're breaking my heart
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh Three-ee-ee
I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to calm down
(Calm on down!)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE this! Esp. the manic depressive line!! This is my life too. SO FUN.

Shannon said...

Sounds like you've been having a little trouble with Charlie lately...hope it gets better soon, and that you, Wes and Ryan survive his threeness!

apathy lounge said...

Let me tell you, sistah! 15 aint all that great, either. Be afraid!

Kyla said...

Awesome! 4 is way better, hang in there.

Heather said...

You've got it exactly right:) my little three is all that you described and more. Love the manic depressive line -- We used to call our son "light switch boy." :)

sarah said...

This is AWESOME!! Seriously, they must be wired to be insane at this age and want to take us all down with them.

Who said anything about terrible 2's?! I'd take them again in a heartbeat!