Sunday, December 13, 2009

Angels we have heard...

Really all they had to tell me to convince me to sign us up for our church's Live Nativity again was that Wes could be an angel and that I could make him wear wings!

IMG_2223

They wanted him to be Jesus again, but when we did a trial and tried to get him to sit still for fifteen minutes, and were very VERY unsuccessful, we decided a less central role would be better. He did well, too. He laughed through the whole first show because the donkey kept braying and banging its chest against the fence. I kind of wanted to laugh too. The second show, he wanted to get down and play so I fed him bits of sugar cookie to keep him quiet.

Charlie was a shepherd again. And he escaped Ryan's grasp again and wandered over to the livestock again. Until I broke character and grabbed him.

Both were excited about the cookies.

IMG_2229
Very authentic fleece jacket to keep shepherds warm on those cold Bethlehem nights.

IMG_2227
I hate this freaking halo, but cannot take it off because my hands are full of cookies, nom nom nom.

Ryan is a very good sport. He rarely gets asked about these sorts of things and usually finds out he's doing them with like twelve hours of notice. Come on! It was totally written on the calendar (that I keep in my purse and the other one inside my brain). And then he gets tasked with taking the little shepherd to the potty and figuring out how that is supposed to work. And there's the little matter of HAVING TO DRESS LIKE A SHEPHERD.

IMG_2225

Charlie wants to be an angel next year so he can have wings and "fly upside down." I am just hoping he will be old enough to not think we are at a petting zoo.

9 comments:

apathy lounge said...

You guys look awesome! With or without halos!

Alyssa said...

Cute picture!!

Sarah said...

you guys are too cute. I love it! do you remember the book the best christmas pageant ever? your live nativity stories remind me of it! an excellent tradition.

sarah said...

so stinking cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Pictures to make Grandmothers proud!

AJU5's Mom said...

Y'all look great in your nativity outfits! Maybe by the time they are teenagers you and Ryan can be spectators instead of participants (while the boys still participate).

Rima said...

You guys are so freakin' cute. I WISH my church had a live nativity! (Although I *am* MC-ing the Lithuanian Saturday school Christmas Pageant this weekend, for which I will be dressing as an elf.)

mbc said...

LOVE these pics! The angel wings melted my heart too.

Anonymous said...

Our church is having the Nativity thing this Sunday.I think Jesus is played by a baby named SAM COHEN.Tyhe compettion was Fierce for Mary! How I do remember these days. GGMann