Thursday, November 5, 2009

W is for Wesley and Willful

We had about two minutes today before it was time to leave for a doctor's appointment. Wesley was working on a bowl of yogurt and not making much progress on his own, so I helpfully took the spoon from him and scooped some into his mouth.

Bad idea.

He screamed as though I was ripping off one of his limbs and then refused to swallow the mouthful of yogurt. He just screamed and screamed with it sitting there on his tongue until it slid down his chin and into his lap. And this wasn't his boring plain yogurt. It was Charlie's vanilla yogurt! He refused one of his favorite foods out of SPITE!

He then screamed through being cleaned up, screamed while I got him out of his booster and into the car then screamed for a few more minutes while I rounded Charlie up and got him buckled in. And this was right after a long nap! This was our toddler in his MOST RESTED STATE.

I think we are in for a challenging few years with that one.

5 comments:

Taylor and Leighton said...

Ugh.

Alyssa said...

Man - I guess he really didn't like being "spoon fed", eh?

Sarah said...

Jack is the sloooooooowest eater in the universe, so I feel your pain. When he has been eating forever, I try to clear his plate, and he loses his marbles and then I feel all bad for taking food from a baby. Toddlers. Good times.

AJU5's Mom said...

I guess he is just an independent one! AJU5 did that at 9 months - refused to let me feed her at all costs. Maybe once he has to fight Charlie for seconds he will eat faster...

Hanah said...

Mom!!! I was using that!!!!