Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Because I have thirty minutes to slap something up on my blog

I had about a million funny slash nasty post ideas in my head as we slowly (20 mph) snaked up the highway (for three plus LONG hours) (yes that is sixty miles. in three hours. with two children. on a two-hundred mile trip. OMG IT WAS BAD) this afternoon on our way to Ryan's parents' house, but all of them seemed a little inappropriate given the spirit of the season, so I will just say "Happy Thanksgiving!" and tell you some not-so-obvious things I am thankful for (because who wants to read another post about how thankful I am for my family, home, and job? Maybe my family, husband, and department chair? Hmm.).

In no particular order, things that I was thankful for today:
  • Drive-through banking, library book return, and donuts
  • Rear facing carseats (appreciate them while you have them, ladies! Snacking will never be the same again after they can see you)
  • The good folks at Community Coffee
  • Dimetapp
  • The library's CD collection
  • My helpful friends (thanks again to LM who switched my laundry over after we had left because of an ill-timed poo accident on the way out the door!)
  • The fact that I am no longer expected to wear low-rise jeans
  • A husband who changes all poop diapers on weekends

Tomorrow I will be sharing the Macy's parade with Charlie and Wes. I expect jammies and blankets. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I too am thankful for not having to wear low-rise jeans. I recently bought some jeans made for (as my Mom said) "real women" (read: women with postpartum hips). I have to say, it was liberating! And they look so much better!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Alyssa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Sarah said...

Yay for the parade! Happy Thanksgiving!