Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Back to the bike story!

Ryan and I were both too excited about the bike to sleep this morning, so we sprang out of bed at 6:30 and set our plan into motion. I put the bike in the living room, where it wouldn't be seen until after breakfast. If there's one thing I've learned in the last three years, it's that you save fun things until after un-fun things, like eating enough protein and fiber to ensure you don't turn into a total psycho for the rest of the day before you find out that there is a shiny red bike just your size sitting in the living room. Then I made some eggs, cut up the pumpkin bread, and poured the milk. After we'd gotten Charlie completely dressed, including his shoes and jacket (see above function before fun rule of thumb), we brought everyone down for breakfast. Charlie was so excited to have eggs instead of fruit and toast for breakfast that he suspected nothing.

When he finished most of his breakfast I asked Charlie to go get the remote control out of the living room, but when he got to the door of the kitchen he ran smack into Ryan who said "Wait! I don't have the camera ready!" WAY to play it cool!

Here's take two:



My favorite part is when I say "It's your bike!" and he says "Wooooowwww." Such a sweetheart, that one.

Then we all trooped outside to take it for a spin. He is a happy, happy kid.

IMG_2031

IMG_2033

8 comments:

Amy said...

That is so awesome!

Melinda said...

Seriously adorable. I'm having an extra crummy day today so thank you for sharing the cute. I needed a dose. Happy Birthday to your big kid!

Marianne said...

I love that your husband is wearing his badge in one of the pictures :-)

Rima said...

That video is SO CUTE! I love the way he runs right past the bike in the beginning there!

Kyla said...

So cute!!! Love that last photo, too, riding off into the light.

sarah said...

omg, he is so sweet! I love it!! great video!!

Marianne said...

He's totally a big kid! So cute.

AJU5's Mom said...

I agree with Marianne - Ryan took the getting everything necessary done tot he extreme! The work badge is just priceless (as is Charlie).