Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monday Science Corner

IMG_1860

Ryan found my old lover underneath a VCR in a long forgotten moving box in the closet where we keep the diaper pail.

We each got one for Christmas from our respective parents when I was a sophomore and Ryan was a junior (I think, who can remember anything anymore). That was probably the dorkiest Christmas afternoon college boyfriend phone call of all time. Standing in my kitchen in my flannel pajama bottoms wrapping the phone's cord (!!) around my finger as I described the brand new calculator I got and how incredibly excited I was. Only to learn that he ALSO got a calculator from HIS family.

Well. I don't think I have to tell you that we knew it was meant to be right then and there.

8 comments:

Hanah said...

Is that a TI-83? I was so jealous of those. I had (still have, actually, but I have no idea if it works) a TI-85, which sounds cooler but isn't.

AJU5's Mom said...

Graphing calculators are cool! Although, I never got one as a present...

Sarah said...

oh my gosh. I love that!

Kyla said...

Ooooh. I have that same one (I think), but I had to pilfer it from my BIL. LOL.

Marianne said...

I had the exact same one, and it broke. And they don't make that model anymore. Sigh.

Alyssa said...

LOL! It was definitely meant to be :)

Rima said...

That is so funny! You two are truly a match made in . . . a laboratory.

Andrea said...

That brings back memories of my 82, which had a hangman program that my friend in high school made (aside- he now owns his own video game company).
Now I'm stuck with my gameless 86.

Graphing calcs are the best!