Monday, September 14, 2009

Things that make me want to eat inappropriately

*I walked into the house today and smelled burning plastic. My computer was making a loud whining noise and was too hot to touch. I turned it off immediately. Will it turn back on? It's a mystery!

*My dissertation (though backed up on another computer) is on that computer.

*And, you know, pictures of Charlie's birth.

*I can't move through my house without knocking something over. I could be on Hoarders.

*Potty. Training. Enough said.

*Charlie still refuses to nap until he has been (noisily) confined to his room for at least an hour. Interesting how Super Nanny never covers naptime on her show. OR IS IT?

*I have stepped in baby vomit twice this week. Barefoot.

*Potty training SUUUUUUCKS.

*I'm doing a seminar at Big Scary University on the 30th. A seminar to grad students who are probably older and smarter than me.

*Did I mention the thing about my computer? And the thing on the 30th? And the vomit and the potty training? Yeah. Pass the muffins.

7 comments:

Courtney Bennett said...

leave the muffin and grab some icecream with tons of chocolate lady!!!!!

bonbayel said...

And they're probably not older than you... and definitely not smarter! But otherwise, you know something they don't, otherwise they wouldn't have you come tell them about it!

Kyla said...

Hang in there!

My 4.5 year old still isn't potty trained. SIGH.

Kyla said...

Hang in there!

My 4.5 year old still isn't potty trained. SIGH.

AJU5's Mom said...

I think you need a dessert bar - so you have a lot of variety!

We have the opposite sleep problem - naps are no issue but bedtime is a mess... so obviously it is just the strong willed child thing we are both dealing with there!

Sarah said...

Good luck! can't wait to hear about your seminar.

you are going to be fabulous, and do you know what you are that all those grad students are not? A DOCTOR.

Also, 90% of a speaker's nervousness is not visible to the audience :)

Rebecca said...

Have you tried bare bottom? I know you are probably sick of "assvice" but it worked for my son. He is the same age as Charlie!! Just confine yourself to hard flooring with him, some books, toys and a potty. We did that for about 2 weeks just when we were home and did pull ups while out and it took about 2 weeks until he was accident free day and night. IT SUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! You will get through it!!