Sunday, September 27, 2009

One! Almost!

This weekend was Wesley's tailgate-party-themed birthday. In true, camping-out-for-three-days-before-the-big-game style, this sign greeted his friends and family as they came in the house:

IMG_1726

And I made him a football cake:

IMG_1701
And dyed my hands pink while shaping the fondant! Very festive!

Charlie helped make the cake too:

Frosting

He wore his Red Raider jersey and LabMama made him a cool Birthday Boy crown, which he wore proudly all night until bathtime:

New Hat and Ride
Wreck 'em Tech!

After chili and jambalaya with corn bread for the adults and hot dogs for the kids it was time for CAKE!

I'm gonna get that candle!
Houdini of the high chair: "I will not be contained!"

He smiled graciously as we all sang to him and then dove right in with great relish:

Yummy cake

Thirty minutes later the par-tay animal just couldn't take any more:

Party Pooped
Can somebody call me a cab?

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love the cake! Happy birthday to Wesley!!

Anonymous said...

What a happy grownup one year old!! I feel as if I was at the tailgate party.Those pictures really started my day.
Happy Birthday Wesley.
GGMann

Kyla said...

Awww! Happy birthday, Wes!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Such cute pictures. Is it just me, or does he get more adorable everyday? Also, you can do fondant?? V. impressive :)

Hanah said...

Happy birthday!!!

AJU5's Mom said...

Looks like his birthday party was almost perfect (the only thing that would have made it better is if his team had won...). I can't believe he is one already!

Rima said...

Has it really been A YEAR already? I can't believe it! Happy birthday to the little man!

sarah said...

Happy birthday to Wesley!!! that cake is incredible! The party sounds awesome!

mbc said...

Ohmygoodness, I love this! Happy Belated!