Thursday, August 13, 2009

No global pandemic here!

Despite any optimistic tweets/Facebook status updates you might have seen from me, Wesley is NOT better. A more pitiful baby has never been seen. He has had a fever since Tuesday afternoon and nothing has touched it including Tylenol, Motrin, baths, and rubbing his head with a wet washcloth.

The good news is that he does not have H1N1, according the the result of a test that entailed sticking a Q-tip up his nose farther than you ever would have imagined possible. So now I can stop yelling "UNCLEAN" when I pass our neighbors on the way to the mailbox, which is nice.

In other news, Charlie is adjusting to being back in Central Time as well as can be expected. Which is to say he appears in our room at five every morning wondering aloud why it's dark in his room when it is so clearly time to get up and eat breakfast.

Needless to say, I've had more caffeine in the last three days than is deemed safe by the World Health Organization.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You know I feel for you on the early wakeups. UGH.

What do you think about Hand, Foot and Mouth? Usually starts with a super high fever and the rash, which doesn't always appear in sight, a few days later. Jack had it when he was 18 months and the only place the sores showed were IN his throat. We took him in because he was running a 103.5 fever and clawing at his tongue.

Sarah said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that the little guy is not doing better yet, and I know ow tough this must be on you. I hope you all get some relief soon!

Kyla said...

Poor Wesley! I've had an ear infection, too, and it SUCKS.

KayTar get so pissed about the flu swab, "That nurse is trying to STEAL MY BOOGERS!" She is so indignant about it.