Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My morning

Charlie is asleep wearing his fourth outfit for the day. Wesley is in the exersaucer clad only in a diaper. Two potty accidents and then both of them "fell" totally by accident into the baby pool fully clothed (shoes too!). A grand total of FIVE OUTFITS BEFORE NOON. That's got to be some kind of record. Not that I mind the extra laundry or dirty kids, because that's not a big deal. It's the giant fight they both put up when I am changing their clothes that really makes me want to eat a whole tube of cookie dough. And the way Wesley makes a break for the dog food the second I put him down on the floor to change Charlie, who by all accounts would seem to have toddler PMS today. And THEN while Wesley was still wet, he crawled through the vegetable garden and turned himself into The Mud Man. And THEN Charlie took the three tomatoes I picked and asked him to put on the porch and threw them into the pool. After banging two of them together like cymbals first. Then Charlie, wearing his fourth outfit, decided to give himself a yogurt conditioning rinse. He managed not to destroy anything during the two minutes it took me to put Wesley in his crib for a nap but then dissolved into a puddle on the kitchen floor when it was his turn. Then tried to kick me as I carried him up the stairs.

Anyone want to join me for some pool water salsa? I might mix in the piece of mango I just stepped on in my last pair of clean socks. Yummy!

7 comments:

LL said...

Oh, oh dear. I'm laughing on the outside and crying on the inside because that was so the way my last Saturday went. I spent it vacillating between laughing and crying in a hysterical manner while trying to poor a cup of vodka and give away my child to anyone who would take him. Ah, memories.

Sarah said...

Pool water salsa-- yum!

Sorry-- that sounds like a sucky morning, and it sucks that they're not BOTH sleeping right now.

Jack absolutely totally hates to be dressed or changed, and it is infuriating, Blech.

AJU5's Mom said...

I hate the clothing battles too. There are times I just let AJU5 run around in a diaper because I can't handle the fight anymore. Luckily, bribing works (getting to go outside)...

Meika said...

Mmmm, cookie dough. Sometimes? My children are naked a lot. Hope a better day dawns tomorrow.

Homestead Mom said...

I laughed. I cried. You wrote my life. Monito has left the house in his stained gross jammies; Pequita has gone shopping with me in a purple leotard over her orange leggings with a red polartec vest on top. And a tutu. Then there are days like today where I made her cry because I insisted she wear the matching & fab outfit from Hanna Andersson that is [shudder] green.

You are not alone. None of us like it [them]. You know it gets better, but ack. Enjoy a beer with my spirit next to you. :]

sarah said...

oh my. I want to crack a bottle of wine just reading that!!

Kyla said...

Oh my!! What a morning!