Monday, June 29, 2009

More for me!

I was sitting on the kitchen floor changing Wesley's diaper on Saturday afternoon when Charlie picked up my half full coffee cup from that morning. "Ooh, Buddy, don't drink that, it's Mama's" I said to him.

He poured some (cold, thankfully) coffee into his juice glass and started walking towards me. "Charlie, coffee is not for boys. Don't drink tha--" and with that he took a big gulp.

His eyes flew open in an expression of horrified concern and he began crying as coffee streamed down his chin and chest. He stood there panicking for several minutes--mouth open, afraid to swallow, whining--until I was able to pull myself together and get him a glass of water. I was still laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes when Ryan came downstairs to see what all the commotion was about.

After he recovered he put my coffee mug back on the table firmly and said to me scornfully "That GROSS, Mama!"

9 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

Charlie is a smart boy! Coffee does not taste good (unless mixed with a very, very large amount of chocolate and dairy - such as cappuccino heath bar blizzards).

Kim said...

Ha ha! This is hilarious!!!
You will have to show this post to Charlie when he's older and lives off coffee!

apathy lounge said...

Yes, indeed! I hate coffee too!

Mrs. CH said...

ROFL!!! I don't like it either, Charlie!

Sarah said...

Oh that's so cute! I would laugh, too :)

Kyla said...

KayTar is always looking at me and my coffee with disdain, mumbling, "Ugh, so gross."

Anonymous said...

Funny, I still have that reaction.

-Godmother

LL said...

I'm totally with Charlie :)

sarah said...

HA! Ethan would probably love mine b/c I only drink it if it's full of enough cream and sugar to pass as dessert.