Monday, May 4, 2009

A few things I learned this weekend

*That game I used to play where I tried to twang my car's antenna on the garage door while it was opening as I was pulling into the garage? Should not be attempted in an SUV. Fortunately I had grabbed a cup of coffee on my way home from dropping Charlie off and came to this realization in the driveway before I made a RAV4 shaped hole in the garage door.

*That the "early to bed" part of "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a [wo]man healthy, wealthy and wise" is critically important and should not be skipped. Unless you want to find yourself waking up wondering where you are after the communion liturgy when the organ starts playing.

*A toddler should never be given a Sonic drink in a new car.

*Small children will believe anything you tell them. Including that you can get the window to roll down by blowing on it. This is really funny until you forget and your small child screams in rage after unsuccessfully blowing on the window for several minutes.

*Ryan is generous and kind and still driving a car whose windows don't roll down. I will be making him fancy dinners for the rest of the year.

*We are in big trouble with this one:

IMG_0644

5 comments:

Sarah said...

LOVE the dirty leg!

How fun to have a new car :)

AJU5's Mom said...

Falling asleep at church is not good - although I have to admit I have done it before. And I bet Wesley will be a lot of fun!

Mrs. CH said...

LOL on the blowing on the window thing!

Marianne said...

Ruh-Roh!

Kyla said...

Poor Charlie! I laughed out loud about that window one!

Good catch on the garage door. I was scared to park the minivan in the garage myself for the first week or so we had it.