Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time to get some baby gates

Most mornings Charlie watches Curious George while Wesley plays on the floor and I Do Whatever I Want. It's the only thirty minutes of the day that I Do Whatever I Want, and everyone is happy. I usually drink coffee and check my email or straighten up the kitchen or get ready to go wherever we are going to go that morning. Today I was sitting at my desk in the dining room doing something on my computer when I glanced over to watch Wesley playing with his shape sorter on the floor. Only this is what I saw:




Oops! No baby! Where'd he go?

Found him!

"Oh hi! Mind if I help myself to a little snack? Charlie says the peanut butter toast here is delish."

(obviously I did not choose to straighten up the kitchen during Do Whatever I Want Time this day)

Two mobile children, one major paradigm shift.

6 comments:

apathy lounge said...

I miss those "Do Whatever You Want" times with little kids. I say that a lot, but it's true.

Sarah said...

His hair! I love it so much!

Yeah. Jack can climb all the way up the stairs in the time it takes me to read like 3 FB status updates. I am hoping that the utter lack of supervision he sometimes enjoys will help him learn how to climb down them as well.

Kyla said...

Aww! He's getting big!

AJU5's Mom said...

I am guilty of just letting AJU5 play on her own a lot. But, we have baby-proofed everything for her. We used to use gates, but now that she is proficient with stairs, they are all put away. We just shut the doors to the rooms she is not allowed in...

Kim said...

Is Wesley crawling yet or just scooting? I am TERRIFIED for the time when both kids are moving fast!!

Meika said...

Heh. Heh heh. That's your UNSTRAIGHTENED kitchen? Give yourself another pat on the back, mama. :)