Thursday, April 16, 2009

I heart them

Naptime is sometimes a struggle around here, as I am sure it is in many houses not inhabited by unemployed twenty year-olds (I know I never had trouble with napping when I was an unemployed twenty year-old). But today everything seemed to go off without a hitch. Charlie always insists that he's not tired so I tell him that he can read books as long as he doesn't get down from his bed. I gave him two hard-to-destroy board books, kissed him on the head, and closed his door. I heard some thumping around, but ignored it in favor of reading my magazine. This is what I saw when I checked on him thirty minutes later:

Charlie Napping

I am impressed he made it all the way to "P was once a little pig." He also had Brown Bear Brown Bear and The Cat in the Hat. Ambitious little guy.

And Wesley usually makes a lot of noise when he's going to sleep, so I wasn't concerned this afternoon to hear him growling and screeching like a cockatoo. He eventually quieted down so I sneaked in to peek at him:

Wesley Napping

He learned to push himself into a sitting position on Tuesday but hasn't learned how to get back down yet. It has posed quite a problem during sleeping times, but I guess he found a workaround.

7 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

I love their napping positions!
We are lucky in that if AJU5 is tired, she goes down well (assuming the house is quiet of course). But, bed time can be a nightmare!

LL said...

Absolutely adorable. This makes me want to procreate again.

I love, love Charlie's belly poking through his shirt. He looks so worn out after reading all the way to the P page!

Mrs. CH said...

Aww! They are so cute! Must...refrain...
from...getting...pregnant!

Rima said...

There is nothing better - NOTHING! - than two kids down for a nap at the same time.

Nothing.

Anonymous said...

I heart them too :) so cute! --abby

Sarah said...

Awwwwww-- they are too cute. Sleeping babies are sometimes the best kind, huh?

Marianne said...

EDIBLE. Seriously.