Tuesday, April 14, 2009

...given your qualifications...

Dear Dr. Academomia,

The Faculty Recruiting Committee has completed its deliberations for the position that you applied for. Your credentials are excellent, but we're just not that into you. I am sure that, given your qualifications, you will find a suitable faculty post in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Smarty Pants
Chair of Engineering
Big Scary University

(I'm paraphrasing the second sentence)

(And, whatever, I mean, he ended a sentence in a preposition!)

(I really hope that last sentence is correct, Dr. Smarty Pants)

(Pretty cool to get mail addressed to "Dr. Academomia")

(He said my credentials were excellent. He said my credentials were excellent!! And he called me Doctor!)

(There are more departments where that came from. Time to mail some more CVs. This time with a nice bottle of wine attached)

3 comments:

Kyla said...

Dr! That is exciting!

Sarah said...

LOL-- you should send wine w/ your CV-- that's get their attention.

Dr. mail-- I'm super jealous :)

apathy lounge said...

I'd love it if someone called me Dr. Even if they were just kidding.