Sunday, March 15, 2009

And now he can SEE!

As it turns out, Wesley's rockstar hair was just not compatible with solid food. Errant morsels of banana puree formed a water-insoluble glue the second they came into contact with his hair. Add to that my deepening conviction that "Boys oughta have neat hair" and it's a wonder I've made it this long without breaking out the kitchen shears. Everyone at my church mom group assured me that cutting baby hair is foolproof, but since these are the same women who invent Advent crafts to do with their clean, well dressed, polite children while they wait for their nutritious, fully organic and free from high-fructose corn syrup dinner to warm up in the crock pot, I figured it was just one more area in which I would settle for mediocre performance from myself. Tonight, though, I just couldn't take it anymore, so after he scarfed down almost an entire banana and was feeling happy to sit in his high chair, I went all Dolly Parton in Steel Magnolias on him.

Here's a before picture taken earlier today when he and Charlie were watching NCAA basketball in lieu of napping. Yeah, they look tired to me too. [Shrug]

Watching Basketball
Anyone ever look at a picture of their kids together and think "Oh my gosh I have two kids!"? Just me? OK.

And here's the after! Now featuring a forehead! And eyes! Sorry ladies, he's taken!

Hair Cut!

This is my favorite. I heart the baby receeding hairline look. As you can see, he's still sporting the tail feathers. Charlie's only recently started to blend with the rest of his hair so Wes has a ways to go in that department.

Hair Cut!

Oh my gosh I could eat him.

And this is what happens on the way home from the playground after you don't take your nap. Not tired indeed!

Sleepyhead

7 comments:

Kyla said...

He looks SO much like Charlie! Wow!

Mrs. CH said...

LOL Cute pictures! Great work on the first haircut!

Sarah said...

OMG-- eating puree? getting a hair cut? DIDN'T YOU JUST HAVE THAT BABY YESTERDAY?
so cute!

AJU5's Mom said...

Okay, Wesley is growing up too quickly! And the sleepy picture - too cute!

Kim said...

I love the saucer pictures! (I consider exersaucers to be one of the best baby inventions ever.) I also look at my kids and have "oh my I have two kids!" moments quite often. His haircut is so cute -- well done!

KC said...

Ah, I remember the first haircut: borne out of great frustration and so liberating afterwards. Hair set free! Randomly!

sarah said...

SO cute!!! they are gorgeous! I love the tired "must watch basketball. must not sleep" look.