Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Doing this Stay at Home Mom thing up BIG

Some of the neighbor ladies and I had a little get-together/feeding frenzy for the toddlers to commemorate the inauguration. First I turned our living room into the National Mall with the Washington Monument on one side:

Toddler Inauguration Party

And Capitol Hill on the other side:

Toddler Inauguration Party

Then I made festive little toddler hors d'oeuvres.

IMG_0124
(These are all that were left after the aforementioned feeding frenzy)

There were also cookies (red, white, and blue sugar cookies, naturally), hummus, bagel chips, and popcorn.

Then I invited a whole bunch of toddlers and friends over and let them have at it. No pictures but imagine an episode of Nova when the scientists throw a bucket of chum into the ocean and all the sharks come and fight over it. Then superimpose that on my coffee table.

I'm like one "scrapbook nite" away from owning a holiday motif sweatshirt.*

Charlie cheered heartily along with the crowd on TV and shrieked "Oba-Biden-Mama!" whenever the NEW PRESIDENT was shown. Such a great day.

*And it was really really fun. I'm already thinking I'll do a toddler Mardi Gras party**. Shhh, don't tell my twenty-two year old self!

**If I'm not still in academic purgatory then. We will see.

8 comments:

mbc said...

I'm not your Dr. Advisor, but you sound like a pre-school teacher in the making my dear!! What a fun time.

LL said...

That's awesome! I love the decorations- so creative!

Sarah said...

A-Dorable!

clickmom said...

Great idea. I watched alone. I had to wonder what mine were doing at school. I was so happy when I found out they got to watch in school. Yay school! Yay history!

AJU5's Mom said...

You are so crafty/creative!

Kyla said...

That's amazing! Good job.

apathy lounge said...

And just think! All I did was try to eat lunch while listening to the oath-taking and Aretha singing...all the while sobbing through a mouthful of Triscuits. A good day all around. I feel blessed. And I don't say that very often.

sarah said...

That is amazing. Can you feed me these ideas before the actual event next time so I can totally steal them from you and pretend I came up with them on my own? I spent most of inauguration day saying, "Ethan! Please! Mommy's trying to hear the TV!"