Monday, January 5, 2009

Brought to you by the Texas Tourism Board*

*not really

Today was Wesley's first day of daycare and Charlie's first day in the two-year-old room. More on that later because I have to work! For now, here are some pictures of our Saturday, when it was eighty degrees outside.



Our HOA (GAH!) gave out saplings. Charlie planted his, a Texas Redbud, in our back yard. I think we'll have to have a vegetable garden this year based on how much fun he had digging and pulling weeds and watering his tree.

Tree Planting

Tree Planting

Tree Planting

All that horticulture made Charlie thirsty, so, as he always says "It's five o'clock somewhere!" We went to a restaraunt overlooking the lake for the sunset.

IMG_0080

IMG_0085

It all seemed like a dream when I woke up on Sunday and it was thirty-five and raining. And more like a fantasy today as I lugged two bundled up kids, a giant totebag, and a megapack of size five diapers through the rain today. Fortunately, winter doesn't stick around for long down here in South.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

80 degrees?? That's it-- we're moving to Texas

LOVE the video-- I remember doing that when I was a kid and loving how dizzy I felt.

I just got call today from a PT daycare center we signed up for when Harry was a fetus-- they just now had a spot-- ha! I am pretty jealous that you get real days away from your kids to do work.

AJU5's Mom said...

I sometimes miss the 80 degree "winter" days. But I also love winter (when it snows). Hope you all handled today's first well!

Kyla said...

Now that we've had a good snow this year, I mind the 80 degree days less. But I still don't think it can be called "winter". LOL.

My Buddy Mimi said...

I know... I keep remembering all the other crazy weather states (I have lived in several) when the locals complain about 50 degrees and overcast in So Cal. Wimps!

sarah said...

Charlie is so grown up! I love those pictures--esp the beer one. Hilarious.

it's supposed to be 80 degrees here this weekend and I am so confused. What do I do with an 80 degree day in January (hrm. Maybe we'll plant a tree).