Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A real cry for help of a blog post

This worked so well getting Wesley to calm down:

Whatever Works

That I thought I'd try it on my grumpy toddler:

Not to be Outdone

It did not have the same effect. Although apparently the washing machine makes a very satisfying noise when it is kicked repeatedly (by Charlie, I only kick it after everyone is in bed).

Anyone want to come over for the two boy production of "Les Miserables"? Not the epic French novel set during the Revolution, the epic WHINING FEST that began at approximately 6:30 this morning and has not stopped yet.

Someone needs to tell Charlie the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf so that next time he bumps his head hard enough to give him a bruise I respond accordingly instead of chirping "Oops! OK, into the carseat! We're going to storytime!!"

Did I mention that Ryan is working late today? Until after bedtime? Lucky %$@#ing bastard.

7 comments:

My Buddy Mimi said...

I have been known to put the car seat on top of the dryer, and my friend swears by sticking a running vacuum cleaner next to the stroller.

Sarah said...

Oh the days when you can wrap them up and leave them someplace high. They go too quickly.

Sorry you're having a crap day.

Any chance of wine and a massage when Ryan comes home??

Kyla said...

THOSE DAYS.

I'm sorry. Especially that Ryan is working late today.

AJU5's Mom said...

Why is it that the kid(s) behave badly when reinforcements aren't available? I hope you are surviving and that they are doing better this afternoon!

Rima said...

The picture of Wesley on top of the drier is PRICELESS. SO CUTE!!!!

I hope that you made it through the day OK.

apathy lounge said...

Sorry about your day. It brings back nighmares--er--memories. Preshus memories.

sarah said...

ohdeargod. I remember the dryer days. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))