Sunday, December 7, 2008

Exhaustion and Dehydration

Wesley is sick. He has RSV, which is just a fancy name for ass-kicking cold with cough and the inability to sleep for more than four consecutive minutes. There's nothing they can do to help him so this not-sleeping, barely-eating, hacking, gagging carosel of fun should last until Wednesday at least, at which point you will find me wandering in the street half-dressed and trying to bite my own ear (Also, soaked from head to toe in spitup. He may be small, but he's got a projectile spitup that could put out a house fire). He is miserable, the poor little guy.

Also, I have found the absolute bottom as far as mommy-guilt goes... it's thinking about your sick infant "Would you please just go to sleep so I can finish these stupid revisions and get on with my life?" Speaking of revisions, I better get right on that. Because I need to finish this ridiculous project even more than I need a shower, or rest, or fun of any kind.

In summary: Blurgh.

12 comments:

bonbayel said...

I really feel for you! Kids can be so "inconvenient" some times, but the give so much back, too. (Just read every other one of your messages!)
And my experience with kids is that most of those nasty cold things actually go over very quickly. I guess it's a long time in their lifespan... but all that good Mother's milk will help him fight it!
I'm so impressed with how you're handling all your demands - and with the husband I watched you marry! You really picked an angel there!
Have a really happy Christmas (and give my greetings to the rest of the family, including my cousin, your mother!)

bonbayel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Oh no!

I hope he feels better soon-- that's scary stuff.

Um, HARRY DOESN'T NAP ANYMORE EVER, so I'll join you in crazytown any freaking minute.

AJU5's Mom said...

That doesn't sound good at all. AJU5 naps - but night0time sleeping is only occurring in 1.5 hour increments, so I am with you on the lack of sleep!

Hanah said...

Aww, poor Wesley. I hope he (and you) feel better soon.

Rima said...

Oh, no! Poor Wesley and poor you! Hope he feels better soon and that your support network is in full force this week . . .

Staci said...

I'm so sorry Becca. That really sucks. I hope Wesley gets over it faster than the docs think. Don't feel guilty. I'd probably be thinking something similar.

LL said...

Poor you! I know I should say poor Wesley, but the thing is, he won't remember this and you will!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the little guy caught it...that must suck, not to mention be a little scary. Call me if you need...even if its just to sob into the phone :)--abby

sarah said...

I hope he's feeling better!!!

Avonlea said...

Awwww...poor him and poor you! I hope he's doing better by now.

Kyla said...

Oh no! Did they prescribe steroids or a nebulizer? Both of those things can help with RSV.

Poor Wesley, but POOR YOU! It is hard to have a sick kid, especially when the to do lists won't let up!