Thursday, November 27, 2008

A little too excited about seeing the Snoopy balloon for the 28th year in a row

Is there anything better than watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade sitting on a couch with a sleeping baby in your lap, a toddler snuggled up next to you on the couch with his Phent, his pillow, and his "covers"?

Yes, sitting on a couch with a sleeping baby in your lap, a toddler snuggled up next to you on the couch with his Phent, his pillow, and his "covers", and a piping hot cup of Starbucks coffee in your hand. Thanks Ryan!!

The coffee was an especially welcome treat after Wesley woke up the whole fam-damily at 5:30. We rolled Charlie's Pack and Play into the bathroom and loaded it up with toys, but we could still hear him. "Water? Mama? Papa? Water? Please? Books? Help? Help please? Uh oh! Help! Help!"

Ryan took him to McDonald's for some Thanksgiving pancakes while I dozed in bed with the Wes-man until about 7:30 when Ryan returned and we took advantage of Ryan's parents' unconditional love of their grandkids and put both boys out into the hallway and closed the door. We woke up just in time for the parade to start and I watched the entire thing in my pajamas, as is my tradition.

(Actually, the dog show is on now, so it's really time for me to take a shower already. Good grief.)

Am I the only one who still gets a little vaclempt when Santa arrives in Herald Square? My goodness I love this parade. Even more now that I have the memory of Charlie dancing along with the Rockettes in his winter wonderland jammies. He had to take a nap before Santa arrived, but he was quite enchanted with the Sesame Street float and the Snoopy balloon (in a shrieking, pointing, jumping kind of way).

Ryan and I have much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Eat a piece of pie (or three) for me!

6 comments:

AJU5's Mom said...

I had three pieces of pie - and a lot more food than I should have eaten! Hope your day continued on well!

Anonymous said...

Miss you! Happy Thanksgiving!--Abby

Kyla said...

I never watch the parade, is that odd? No football either. We watched House yesterday instead. LOL.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rima said...

This just made me realize that I forgot to watch the parade this year! Just plumb forgot! J-dog and V-meister would have loved it, too.

Oh, well. Glad you ended up getting some sleep! Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
What was up with the Shrek balloon and the Beethoven balloon?? Are they still cool?

apathy lounge said...

Time to watch "Miracle on 34th Street"...just to watch the drunk Santa get fired.