Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dissertation Schmissertation

Ryan read my last post and today he took me out for a lovely breakfast and then sent me off to the coffee shop to work on my project while he oversaw things back at the nut farm. When I left Charlie was in time out for going into the garage alone. Wesley was in that lull in neediness he has between feeding/diaper change and needs to fall asleep but cannot unless he is swaddled, pacifiered, and held correctly.

I am looking forward to dinner at my parents' and another exciting football game (last week's last second win over the #1 team in the country was so exciting Ryan and I both screamed and leapt off the couch. Wesley found this not a little terrifying and we were up very very late. It was well worth it).

And now onto item number two million on the list of concerns Dr. Advisor provided me with for my dissertation revisions. Don't worry, I'm not going in order. You'd know it if I'd already addressed the first one-million, nine hundred ninety-nine thousand, nine-hundred ninety-nine items.

(inconsistent use of hyphens, BIG RED X)

I just hope Charlie and I can sit together when we are both hooded in 2035.

7 comments:

bonbayel said...

Don't want to stress you out or anything, but I think the subtitle of your blog, "Balancing the demands of my toddler and my dissertation advisor" should be more inclusive...

I love your blog, and I think you picked the father of your children very well!

Cousin Bonnie, who enjoyed remeeting all my cousins at your wedding!

Kyla said...

Only two million? Not bad. ;)

AJU5's Mom said...

Are all of the corrections as boring as those (i.e. just grammar, et al)? If so, it can't be that bad! At least you don't have to think too much...

LL said...

I laughed out loud at the last sentence- and then I laughed about it again when I randomly thought of it later. Obviously I'm sure you will graduate long before that, but it would be so cute if you two graduated together!!

Sarah said...

Dude, I am so not even to the point where my advisor and I can discuss my shitty grammar and poor sentence structure. Good times.

Sarah said...

Not to say that YOU have bad grammar or sentence structure-- I am just saying, those are higher level revisions. I am still re-visioning. So go you!

apathy loungeh said...

Good thing you have Ryan for a partner in all of this. You guys are well matched.