Saturday, November 15, 2008

Big Love

A conversation in the car today...

Becca: "Can I have a nanny for Christmas? Wait a minute, I don't need a nanny, I need a wife!"

Ryan: "My friend at work says where he is from, Pakistan, if you have enough money you can have as many wives as you want. I told him you've been asking for a second wife for years."

B: [dissapointedly] "I don't think we have that kind of money."

R: "I don't think I could attract a second wife anyway. I still don't know how I got you."

B: "What are you talking about?! OF COURSE you could attract a second wife! Not that I would want to share YOU. Just the childcare and housekeeping."

R: "And since you'd be the first wife, you'd be in charge."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aweeeeessoooommee conversation :) And I could totally use a second wife too! --abby

Sarah said...

For real. I so need a wife. This guy I know always talks about how easy it is to have kids in grad school. BECAUSE HE HAS A WIFE.

Kyla said...

Hahaha!

AJU5's Mom said...

I thin a maid would work for me - I can handle the cooking, but the cleaning just isn't happening lately!

LL said...

Hahahaha - and good luck on that job!!!

My Buddy Mimi said...

That's like me trying to explain to a coworker why coming home anytime after 5:30 PM ruins my entire evening. Because I don't have a wife who starts dinner and gets the kids ready for bath/bed if I am running late.

sarah said...

I totally need a wife. A type-A wife who loves to cook and clean, but does not want to shop. I want to do the shopping.