Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The calm before

Today is my first day with both boys home alone with me. Ryan woke up and said "Give me Wesley, go take a shower." When I got out of the shower he said "Go make yourself a cup of coffee." Then he came down and cleaned up the kitchen while I drank my coffee and read blogs (and ate the last piece of birthday cake). When I asked him why he was being so generous he said "Because you have a hard-ass day ahead of you."

He also said that if he came home to find Charlie locked in the playroom and Wesley crying in his bouncer and me drinking a beer on the back porch that he would never mention it again and it could be our little secret. What a guy!

IMG_3868
"Send help!!"

15 comments:

Kyla said...

Hahaha! You'll do fine. It takes a bit to get into a daily rhythm, but then it is all up hill from there.

LL said...

Your husband is awesome, and so wise.

Good luck today, I'm sure it'll be great, but it's nice to know that you're not expected to end the day in pearls and heels, pushing a vaccuum, while holding your baby, with a roast in the oven, and Charlie playing quietly (and neatly) in the corner. :)

Hanah said...

You look like you have everything under control. I, on the other hand, have yet to leave the house for my first day of work today, and it's 9:05.

SSU said...

Ryan is awesome! I need to show this to AJU1 before we have number 2 so he can take lessons!

Pete the Brit said...

What sort of beer do I need to buy you?

Anonymous said...

Ryan's awesome! Call me if you're going to do the beer thing and we can have a tele-beer together! :) --abby

p.s. you'll do fine :)

Anonymous said...

Ryan's awesome! Call me if you're going to do the beer thing and we can have a tele-beer together! :) --abby

p.s. you'll do fine :)

My Buddy Mimi said...

You look great! I hope the day is going well so far.

Candy Masters said...

You are sooo AWESOME, and Ryan is definitely on my ¨way cool Dad¨ list. Keep up the posts, I check your site all the time. Love Candy

mbc said...

Go Ryan! I thought you were dreaming!

Liz said...

excellent of ryan.

and i think you should have the beer, no matter how your day goes!

Sarah said...

I hope you had a great day!

anna said...

Hope it all went well! Cute picture.

Marianne said...

Good luck, Becca! I'm so curious how moms go from one to two, being that I'm floundering with one.

By the way, you're gorgeous!

sarah said...

He sounds like my kinda guy!! LOL