Thursday, September 25, 2008

Communication Breakdown

Driving to our church's mom's group this morning I turned around at a red light and saw Charlie chewing something.

"Charlie," I said "What are you eating?"

"Cheerios!" he replied.

We were having an actual conversation, it was so cool! Then I asked (because I couldn't remember the last time we had brought Cheerios in the car)

"Where did you find the Cheerios?"

"MOTORCYCLE!!"

****************************

Charlie did great at my OB check today. He exclaimed "MAMA POTTY!" as I undressed for my exam. He was very curious when we listened to Bravo's heartbeat. He politely turned the other way when I shook my fists at the heavens upon learning that not only am I STILL at 1 cm, Bravo's head isn't low enough to do anything productive.

I think Bravo knew I wanted to watch new episodes The Office and ER tonight.

4 comments:

Kyla said...

Hahahaha! Well, it was half of a conversation!

Being dilated is a good sign, I didn't dilate with mine until labor started. It was always frustrating to hear "Thick and closed." every single week.

LL said...

Mama Potty!!

Cracks me up. Sorry you haven't made any progress, but it's nice to be able to take in the season premieres ;) Now that they're over (unless you're into the Sunday night shows), maybe Bravo will make his timely appearance!

Sarah said...

Oh conversations are hilarious! Today I gave Harry a hug and said "You're sweaty," to which he replied, "Yes. Gym class makes me sweat."

Hang in there (as if you have a choice!) and enjoy being a family of 3 just a little longer!

abdpbt said...

That's such a cute conversation. We are getting closer to that type of thing here. It's more like he'll point at something, and I'll say, "That's a light," and then he'll say, "ooooh." Like he'd been wondering for ages.