Thursday, August 14, 2008

Were you expecting more cute stories about my kid?

Woo hoo!! Finally... after many, many bad words uttered last night as I tried to do this and also watch the Olympics (and, OK, talk on AIM to my grandma and my aunt).
Gee, maybe I can break 80 pages by the weekend now that I'm not spending every waking moment responding to Matlab error messages. I'll finally have a good answer for Ryan's parents when they ask how my dissertation is going (you know, besides throwing up into the nearest trash can at the sheer panic of it all). To infinity and beyond!

(That's wind, by the way. Fake wind. In the frequency domain. My dissertation, it is thrilling.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone's dissertation is thrilling. Trust me....I proof read K's 5 times. A page turner, let me tell you :) --abby

Sarah said...

Awesome!!

I agree, there's not a lot of thrill to anyone's dissertation.

The creative process, it sucks your creativity, you know?

My Buddy Mimi said...

I had to go back and re-read my dissertation about four years later, and it does really seem like someone else wrote it. Some of the stuff I don't even remember and other parts are so much better (and at times worse) than I thought.

Kyla said...

YAY!

Kirsten said...

So pretty! If only everything worked out that nicely. I'm still trying to figure out the heck I've got and what it is or isn't showing.

Isn't it amazing the relief you feel when you've finally got something worthwhile to show for all your efforts?!

Hanah said...

My husband and I keep trying to guess what field you're in, but as lawyer/philosopher/economists, we're basically stumped except that it's some form of science. :)

SSU said...

Congratulations on finally getting Matlab to work (I remember those days with my thesis)... Now on to just the writing I hope!

anna said...

Hey, the only thing thrilling about anybody's dissertation is finishing it! Good luck!