Monday, August 4, 2008

The HOA's gonna love this

When we moved in, I thought it would be great if someone would build a house on the vacant lot across the street from our house. The view of the park was nice, but if I needed to borrow an egg or, you know, communicate with another human being capable of stringing multiple words together to form a sentence, I had to walk WAY down to the end of the culdesac. Plus the empty, treeless lot with the discontinuous sidewalk was weird looking. So I was pretty excited a few months ago when a builder came out and installed an electric box on the lot. There hasn't been much activity since then, but then the other day after hearing a lot of strange noises and seeing trucks coming and going I looked out the window and saw this:


Klassy, no? But it got sooooo much better the next day:


I think it's time to potty train!! I mean, now if we're outside playing we don't have to rush all the way through the living room, dining room, and kitchen to make it to the bathroom, we can just use our friendly, culdesac Port-A-Potty! And can I just say what a relief it is to me, as the hugely pregnant person I am, that I will no longer have to drag a screaming toddler and his tricycle inside every time I need to go potty? Instead of "Charlie, come here, Mama needs to go potty." I can say "Hey! Charlie! Do you want to go play in the FORT?!?

Also, OK FINE! A belly pic for Abby, SSU, and Sarah.

31 weeks 6 days

31 wks 6 days

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha ha!

Those are springing up at all our favorite parks, and I just know that with a potty-training toddler, I am going to have to GO INSIDE one. Blech!

Also, you should post some pics to back your claims of "hugely pregnant" :)

SSU said...

Yes, I think we need evidence of hugely pregnant...Hopefully the view isn't too bad once something is built! I can imagine a purple house with polka-dots maybe?

My Buddy Mimi said...

Academomia's guide to port-a-potty training. Can't wait!

Kyla said...

You are adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Ok I believe you....you look really good! I just compared my 32 week pic...bad idea. I look like a sumo wrestler in comparison :) Keep up the good gestating work! --abby

Liz said...

YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL! (and like me at, oh i dunno, 6 weeks)

LL said...

That cracks me up, and it really would come in so handy!

And you look fantastic at 31 weeks!!

Sarah said...

Yay!! You look great--all belly for sure!!

SSU said...

You do look good! and only a few more weeks to go!

Qutecowgirl said...

31 weeks!! You look normal, I on the other hand had my own zipcode at 31 weeks with all 3 of mine. I am sorry to say you do not look hugely pregnant (of course you may feel otherwise.

=)

Leslie said...

forget the belly- how about those huge ta-tas!

Becca said...

Actually, the ta tas aren't nearly as huge as last time when I looked like I should be wearing a corset and serving mead to a Beowulf character.