Friday, August 15, 2008

The best 24 hours of his life

I don't know what was more exciting.

The trip to IHOP for dinner last night:

Pancakes
Charlie: "ALRIGHT PANCAKES! Pancakes? Pancakes? More dip [syrup]? PANCAKES! More pancakes? Please? Please? Please? PANCAKES!" and that was before our server came with our order.

When I told him I thought we would get our pancakes in just a few minutes he handed me his crayons, placemat, truck, and silverware, declaring "Bye bye!" as he handed me each item, then stared intensely at the door of the kitchen until our server appeared with our food.

Or waking up to six concrete trucks and some kind of concrete delivering crane right in front of our house.

Construction
Notice that the ongoing sunrise. It was very very early.

He stood by the window yelling "TRUCK!" while both of us got dressed and brushed our teeth. We held him up in front of the window while we were getting him dressed. He couldn't even eat breakfast because once I got his shoes on he started pulling at the booster seat straps and shrieking "OUT? OUT? OUT? TRUCKS! TRUCKS! OUTSIDE? TRUCKS? PLEASE?" Ryan was thirty minutes late leaving for work because Charlie got so pitiful when we tried to put him in the carseat.

I like that kid so much that after being momentarily annoyed that SIX CONCRETE TRUCKS were idling, reving their engines, and backing up (beep beep beep!) in front of my house at SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, my first thought was "Man I can't WAIT until Charlie can see this."

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha!! I totally love the bye bye at the restaurant. Heck, I get pretty excited about IHOP, too!

SSU said...

He sure is smart to know where to look for his food! Cute picture too!

apathy lounge said...

I remember my older two donning Little Tykes hardhats while parked hopefully by the dining room window as gasline workers dug a hole in the street outside. Yeah...it was a big deal. But so are pancakes.

apathy lounge said...

I remember my older two donning Little Tykes hardhats while parked hopefully by the dining room window as gasline workers dug a hole in the street outside. Yeah...it was a big deal. But so are pancakes.