Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jackson Pollack meets Matlab

I have composed a graph for you detailing my dissertation progress over the last week and a half.


There should only be ONE LINE on this graph

Anyone who would like to join me for and evening of drinks and computer smashing (BYO hammer and pent-up aggression) after this is all done with, please send me an email.

Excuse me for a moment (puts hand over phone)... FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT IS MAMA'S CERVIX! NOW GO INTO THE VERTEX POSITION UNTIL PAPA GETS HOME!...sorry about that, what was I saying?

(By the way I have totally become one of those people who carries on phone conversations peppered with Mom-speak. Last night I called my friend and said "Hi Heather! SIT ON YOUR BOTTOM How are you doing?" She was quite confused.)

12 comments:

Pete the Brit said...

I don't know what to say except..."I'm laughing"

SSU said...

I think talking to an unborn child is perfectly normally! Although I was never quite as rational with mine as you are...

Hanah said...

I'm 36 weeks pregnant. Every day I tell the baby how great it is out here in the world, and he should really get on with the whole being born thing.

Dr. Maureen said...

Mom-speak while on the phone is completely unavoidable. But it still made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Can I join your computer-smashing party? I actually punched my laptop today because MS Auto-Bullsh*t-Format put half of my Chapter 2 into Heading 1 Format which is all caps and center-justified.
Let me put my hammer in the car, I'll be there in a few hours.

Anonymous said...

Crap, I forgot to sign my name... that anon. comment was from Godmother.
Wait, did I need to explain that?

sarah said...

LOL. You need a vacation!!

Art Nerd said...

Finally, a reference I understand! I don't get all the math-science speak, but Pollock, hey I know him!

I also think talking to fetuses (feti?) is completely acceptable. My own baby heard things ranging from, "oh my gosh stop with the barfing!" to "hey, that is my cervix, please stop!" to "COME OUT NOW OR YOU ARE GROUNDED!" :)

Sarah said...

hahahaha!

Just had a "the swing moves on its own-- hi, mom-- stop swinging your brother" conversation myself

Kyla said...

Oh no!!!

I do the mom-speak thing, too. It is AWESOME when I'm on the phone with the magazine or the CDF. Very professional.

Kyla said...

PS: Sometimes I actually run around the house while on the phone. Really run. Because KayTar can't catch me and I usually can lose her trail with some advanced maneuvers. Heh.

Shannon said...

I have just recently started talking to the little boy that lives in my uterus too. He's been told over and over again, "it's not nice to kick your mother," and "be gentle." I've even tried having Kelly to use the fatherly/disciplinarian tone; it hasn't worked yet.