Monday, May 26, 2008

Why does saying this make me feel a little guilty?

I love being a family. We have so much fun seeing our new city together, hanging out at home together, making pancakes together, and dancing in the living room together. We do. I wouldn't trade it for anything and I don't even remember what it was like when Ryan and Charlie weren't a part of my life. It would likely seem too quiet and boring now. I just took Charlie to a patriotic sing-along and watching him smile and dance along with the music made it so much more fun than ever before (and if you knew how excited I got about patriotic sing-alongs you would find that hard to believe). I am so lucky to have such a nice little family to share my life with.

But do you ever wish you could, just once, get the thin crust barbeque chicken pizza instead of store brand pepperoni and then eat the whole thing while you read People magazine and watch one of those movies that you have too much respect for your husband to even suggest renting for the fifth time (Rent, White Christmas, and Love Actually come to mind) ALL BY YOURSELF?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. I love being a Mom, but there are days/nights what I wish I had no one else to worry about and could be totally free to do as I pleased.

SSU

Liz said...

i have to tell you: barbeque chicken pizza is The Mistah's pregnancy craving. for like two weeks he kept wandering from room to room, rubbing his belly saying he REALLY wanted barbeque chicken pizza.
i say: more for you, because even though I'M the pregnant one...the very thought makes me want to upchuck. no offense.
but i'm totally picking up what you're laying down. i love being sam's mommy, but i have days...weeks, even when i just want to lay on the couch and not worry about a single other thing than when the next ANTM cycle begins. however, i've found, when sam is elsewhere (like under the care of a great- or grandparent), all i do is sit on the couch and wonder what he's wearing or what time he went down for his nap. it's the mom's catch-22...

Sarah said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS!

At the pool this weekend, a couple was reading the paper together and having a serious discussion about something, barely looking at their 3 happily playing school-aged daughters, and I WAS SO JEALOUS!! It's like 8 years before I'll have that!

sarah said...

ohdeargod, YES. I feel the same way. I love my boys more than anything, but sometimes every fiber of my being screams for a retreat. Just for a day. or two.

Kyla said...

Oh yeah. Although the old life would be way too boring for me now, an occasional vacation there is oh-so-nice.

Homestead Mom said...

Yup. H-Mama and I try to give each other this kind of time. I was left at home the other weekend to clean while she took the babies out to play at a park. When she came home, I was asleep on the couch in front of the TV with an empty Breyers container in front of me. Short-lived bliss, but enough to get me through.